HARMAN India, the parent company of JBL, Infinity and others have started cracking down on sellers selling fake speakers and other audio products. The company also issued a notice to help consumers identify counterfeit products.
Harman, a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and parent company of brands such as JBL, AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity and others, began focusing on counterfeit JBL and Infinity audio products sold in the country. India’s counterfeit market is thriving with many manufacturers and sellers making cheap speakers and headphones and adding logos of popular brands like JBL to dupe the consumer. Now, according to a recent company announcement, Harman has decided to take strict legal action against manufacturers, distributors, retailers and resellers. involved in the production and sale of counterfeit JBL products in India.
The company, along with law enforcement officers, conducted a raid to arrest these sellers of counterfeit products. During the raid, the team seized a large stock of JBL and Infinity consumer products from auto accessory stores and manufacturing units located across Delhi. According to the company, the team confiscated counterfeit JBL and Infinity car speakers and subwoofers from stores and manufacturing units. Harman also said that it has taken appropriate criminal action against the violators and intends to pursue these investigations to curb the manufacture and sale of counterfeit products across India.
Harman puts an end to counterfeit JBL products
Vikram Kher, Vice President, Lifestyle, Harman India, said, “At Harman, we constantly strive to deliver products of the highest standards and quality to our customers around the world. With consumers at the heart of Harman, customer experience is one of our core values. We continue to do what is right without any compromise, and therefore strict action against perpetrators has been taken to continue our brand promise to our customers. We urge our customers to beware of fake products in the market and to purchase HARMAN products only from authorized retailers, resellers and online sellers.
The company also issued a notice to help consumers identify counterfeit JBL products. Check it out below.
1. Genuine JBL and Infinity products are made with premium quality materials. Cheap counterfeits use inferior materials that don’t look good or feel good and don’t produce a similar sound quality.
2. Cosmetic details on counterfeit products do not match genuine JBL and Infinity products.
3. Inspect packaging and logo placement/color. Typically, packaging is made of flimsy material, missing key details such as certifications, place of manufacture, address, and trademark/copyright information. Logo placement is slightly off and color does not match authentic logo.
4. Packaging/product may be light, smell of chemicals or have peeling paint.
5. Research seller reputation and read customer reviews while shopping on e-commerce platform like Amazon and Flipkart.