When you want to leave feedback on a product you purchased on Amazon, you can assign a star rating and write a review. This provides insight for others who might also purchase this item.
Here we will show you how to add Amazon reviews for your purchases. We’ll also walk you through how to see your reviews on Amazon in case you want to make an edit or delete a previous review.
How to Add a Review on Amazon
You will often receive an email after a purchase asking you to leave a review. Usually this email contains a review link or button that you can use to do just that. But you can also visit Amazon.com or use the mobile app to leave feedback and write a review.
Add a review on the web
Visit Amazon.com and sign in to your account. Then head to your order history list using the navigation at the top.
- Select either Account and Lists > Orders from the drop-down menu or use the Returns and Orders button.
- On the next page, confirm that you are on the Orders tongue.
- To the right of a product, select Write a product review.
- Start by adding an overall star rating for the product. You can then rate the product by individual category if you wish. These categories vary depending on the type of product you are evaluating.
- Add a title for your review title and optionally include photos or videos if you think it will help other buyers.
- Finally, you can add a written review if you want to leave a comment.
- When you are done, select Submit.
You won’t see your review appear immediately on the product page. Amazon will first ensure that the review is not for money, self-promotion, or misleading.
When your review is accepted, you will receive an email informing you that it will appear on the product page with the other customer reviews.
Add a review in the mobile app
Open the Amazon mobile app on Android or iPhone and go to your orders to choose a product.
- Go to your profile tab and select Your commands to choose the product.
- In the How’s your article? section, select Write a product review.
- Provide an overall rating using the stars at the top and a rating for each optional category.
- Enter a title and optionally add a photo, video, or written review.
- Faucet Submit.
Similar to submitting a review on the web, you will receive an email when your review is attached to the product.
How to see your reviews on Amazon
Maybe you want to revisit a review you wrote or edit one. You can see all of the Amazon product reviews you have provided by going to your public profile.
See reviews on the web
- Visit Amazon.com and sign in. Select Account and Lists > Account in the drop-down menu at the top right.
- On the next screen, choose Your profiles.
- Then select the link to Amazon public profile. Make sure you see a message at the top saying you’re seeing a private view of your public profile.
- In the Community Activity section on the right, choose View: All Activities and choose Comments.
You will then see a list of all your submitted reviews. You can use See the full review to see this or select the product you reviewed to view its details page.
View reviews in the mobile app
- Open the Amazon mobile app and navigate to the profile tongue.
- Tap your Amazon profile icon in the upper right corner. You should see a message at the top letting you know that this is the private view of your public profile.
- In the Community activity section, choose View: All Activities and choose Comments.
You will then see all of your submitted reviews. You can type See the full review or select the product to view its detail page.
How to Edit or Delete an Amazon Review
Maybe you left a positive review for a product and changed your mind. Or maybe you did the opposite and left a negative review and changed your mind. You can easily edit or delete your own reviews.
Edit or delete a review on the web
Once logged in to Amazon.com, access your reviews in your public profile as described above.
- Either select the three points at the top right of a notice or use See the full review.
- So choose Edit review Where Edit. To delete the review, select Delete Review Where Wipe off instead, then confirm the deletion.
- If you choose to edit the review, you will see your review, including stars, photos, and written content as you submitted it. Make your changes and select Submit.
Edit or delete a review in the mobile app
In the Amazon mobile app, access your reviews as described previously.
- Press the three points at the top right of a review or select See the full review.
- Take Edit review Where Edit. To delete the review instead, select Delete Review Where Wipe off then confirm the deletion.
- If you decide to edit the review, make your changes and select Submit.
It only takes a minute to submit a review on Amazon, whether you just add stars or go all out and include a photo and written review. Serve your fellow buyers with a solid, honest review.
Wondering how not to get scammed on Amazon? We have what you need.