Have you had any problems with your Amazon Echo lately? In this blog, we share tips to fix the problem and get your Echo restart as soon as possible.
What is the Amazon Echo?
The Amazon Echo is a voice-activated smart speaker that allows users to control various settings in their home using voice commands.
It is available in multiple colors and equipped with a microphone and speaker, so users can use it to listen to music, answer questions, control smart home devices, get updates weather, set alarms, etc.
What is flashing Yellow Light on my echo?
- Make sure your Echo’s batteries are fresh. The blinking yellow light indicates a problem with one of the main components of your Echo – the battery. If your Echo isn’t getting enough power from its batteries, it will start flashing yellow to tell you something is wrong. Be sure to replace your Echo’s batteries if this is the case.
- Check for obstructions or cords between your Amazon Echo and other nearby devices. Any obstacle blocking the flow of electrical current can cause problems with your device, including the flashing yellow light. Try unplugging nearby electronics and plugging your Echo back in to see if that helps.
- Try resetting your Echo. If all else fails, try resetting your device by pressing and holding the power and home buttons for about 10 seconds each.
- If none of these tips work, you may need to take your Amazon Echo to a repair shop. This is something that Amazon is working to fix as quickly as possible, but sometimes it can be difficult for users to diagnose the problem on their own.
Personalize your Alexa Echo, so you love her more
1. Activate hands-free mode
This will allow you to continue talking to Alexa even when your hands are busy.
2. Change the wake word
If you don’t like the default “Alexa”, change it to something else more familiar to you (eg your name). This can help if you find yourself accidentally triggering the device by accident.
3. Activate the “always on” mode
This will allow Alexa to listen to your commands even when the device is in sleep mode. This can be useful if you still want to access the features of the Echo.
4. Disable “Wake Words” Completely
If you don’t want Alexa to react when certain phrases (like “Alexa, play music”) are spoken, disable those phrases so they don’t appear as wake-up words in your device settings.
5. Adjust echo volume
If you find the Echo to be too loud or quiet, you can adjust its volume independently of your device’s other audio sources by adjusting the settings in “Sound & Notification”.
By following the steps above, you can fix the problem. Unplug your Echo from any power source and check if the yellow light is still flashing. If it’s not flashing, your Echo may need to be reset. Resetting your Echo will delete all of your voice data and settings, so make sure you have a backup before doing so.
If the flashing yellow light is still present, your Echo may have a hardware issue that needs to be resolved. In this case, you will need to take your Echo to an authorized dealer. Amazon store to fix.