It’s fair to say that Amazon is the world’s ultimate online shopping destination. The platform has a total of 300 million active customers with over 1.9 million sellers across the globe. Similarly, Amazon Business, the business-to-business selling platform, supports over 1 million customers, 150,000 sellers, and over 10 billion sales worldwide.
Online shopping is growing in popularity because price, options and convenience make it the best way to sell and buy. Especially during the pandemic, consumers have turned to Amazon to buy everything from essentials to luxury. From stationery to canned goods, beauty products to comfortable clothing, whatever the need, you can be sure there will be the right product on Amazon.
From a retailer’s perspective, it’s not always easy to see the potential of e-commerce, but the available data proves how Amazon can be the gateway to incredible opportunities that can boost your sales while giving you all the support you need to get there. a success. From FBA software to support services and guidelines, you can access all the tools you need to grow as an Amazon retailer.
So how can you get the most out of your Amazon business? Consider a few suggestions:
- Get your product listings to the top. While the wide variety of options on Amazon is great for the consumer, it does mean you have to do a little more work to get your product noticed. Understanding how to get to the top of the listings can be the deciding factor for your entire business because you won’t get any sales if buyers have to scroll down the pages to reach you. With this in mind, it is worth researching profitable Amazon keywords in order to get better rankings and visibility. More visibility leads to more sales, and more sales lead to more profits.
- Be flexible and adapt your pricing strategy. To stand out and stay ahead of the competition, you need to sell your products at a competitive price. The key is to find the balance between low enough to sell while staying high enough to make a profit. This means that changes may need to be made regularly to keep up with market changes and adapt to new competitors. Now, if you’re a small business start-up, you might have time to change your prices manually or by setting price change rules. For large companies with a large product offering that is not a possible solution, so you can implement an automatic repricing tool that will use complex algorithms and real-time data to adjust your prices.
- High quality product images. Product images are one of the major factors that will influence buyers’ decision-making. A high-quality photo will grab people’s attention and capture their attention, but a grainy, blurry photo will do the opposite and give the wrong impression of your entire brand. Display multiple high-quality images to really let the buyer get a sense of the product. You can even offer a 360 degree image for people to look at the product themselves from all angles. Moreover, there are strict guidelines established by Amazon that will help you take photos that not only comply with the regulations, but also attract customers.
- Fulfilled by Amazon software. Fulfillment by Amazon, or FBA software, could prove to be a powerful tool in your retail kit. It’s a program that allows you, as a seller, to leave a lot of the hard work of order fulfillment to Amazon itself. Amazon will store your inventory, pick, pack and ship your orders and allow you to offer Amazon Prime Fast Delivery which opens up a whole new audience of Amazon users. You will immediately prove that you are a reputable and reliable company with the professionalism that comes with Amazon recognition.
- Use automatic programs to collect more reviews for your products. Once shoppers have flipped through your high-quality images, they’re very likely to scroll down to the reviews section, to see what other shoppers have experienced with your brand and product. Positive reviews are essential to sales and will help you earn consistent income. Contact buyers soon after receiving their item and ask them to leave feedback. There’s even a feature within Amazon to atomically send review requests to those who have purchased from you. Don’t be afraid to get a negative response, because if you do, you have a chance to fix the problem before the unhappy customer posts an unhappy review on your product listing.
- Create an amazing customer experience. Do your best to go above and beyond when dealing with potential, current, or repeat customers. By being helpful, professional and polite, you will help persuade people to choose you over your competition in the future. If you have too much to do with customer service, you can again ask Amazon to do it for you. They can provide representatives who can handle customer feedback and complaints and thus boost your brand image.
- Focus on your content. Make sure product listings are well-written, informative, and checked for errors and mistakes. Tell your brand story, be persuasive and creative, and point out the key features that will make people want to buy your product. Engage potential buyers, and get their emotions. After all, people buy with their hearts and justify with their heads, so make your product appealing and spread the word on social media too. Build a good brand reputation in every way possible and you will see the results in your sales!
The future of shopping is online
Don’t get left behind by the competition – use the tools available to build a successful Amazon business! With the suggestions provided, you will thrive!
Get the latest news, resources and tips to help you and your small business succeed.